Stressing out about an upcoming move?
Here are 5 tips to help make your move stress free and easy,
- Do Your Research – With a quick google search for “moving companies Indianapolis” you should be able to narrow your search to companies in the local area that provide the service your are looking for. Google’s algorithm is currently setup to push the most “trusted” site to the top of the search results. It can also be effective to search on platforms such as Thumbtack, Angieslist, Yelp, as well as checking reviews on google reviews for customer feedback on moves the company has completed.
- Get Multiple Quotes – There’s a wide range of services moving companies in Indianapolis offer. For example; Norms Moving and Hauling specializes in medium to large residential moves, as well as construction trash hauling, while Two Men and a Truck and My Movers Inc. specifically focus on residential moves. It is important to get at least three qualified quotes from credible moving companies in your area. This makes it easier for you to find the right match for your specific needs and budget. Most local movers in Indianapolis have a phone number or email attached to their search results. Be weary of moving companies in Indianapolis with area codes and extensions that point out of state.
- Box and Label Items – After you have selected the right Indianapolis Movers, you will need to take some steps to make sure your move can be performed quickly and efficiently. A great way to start is to box or bag any loose items that could be lost or damaged during the move. After loose items are boxed and or bagged, it is also common practice to appropriately label each box or bag. This way the movers have an idea of how to pack the item safely, and where it is to be placed in the new location. **Note: Don’t be afraid to over-label fragile items. The more visible the word “fragile” appears, the easier it is for moving crews to pay special attention to these important items.
- Provide a Guide – Once you have decided on your Indianapolis Movers, you will want to make sure that the process will be easy and understandable for the moving crew. To do this, it is commonly recommended that a “guide” or map is made. This mapr or guide will provide the movers with directions for when and where an item is loaded on the truck, as well as where it will need to sit at the final location.
- Make Yourself Available – It’s important that the customer or acting representative be available for any questions or concerns the moving crew leaders may have during the move. Common questions could be anything from where a furniture item needs to be placed – to permission to use a bathroom inside a residence.